Monday, October 7, 2013

Pairs (Project 4)

For my fourth project I went with the theme of Pairs. I brainstormed objects that are always together. As always, the ideas got more creative as the list went down. I ended up with the idea of a knife and a fork.
Next it was time to plan. I went through many ideas and designs before I reached my final decision of using stings and nails on a board. 

The nailing process was the most time consuming of this project and the winding of yarn between nails was the most time consuming. I loved this project. On the drawn parts I used paint pens. They glide easily across the table cloth fabric. The simple elegance of the final piece was worth all the hard work.  I can see me using line art in the future in art. 



My topic was asymmetrical balance because of the way the two pieces (or pairs) need to go together to look like one piece. The weight evens it self out when the pieces are stacked.
The final piece medium was mixed media (yard, table cloth, nails, and paint pens). 
And at last the final piece..
Pairs
Medium: yard, table cloth, nails, and paint pens
Allie Snyder
October 7, 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment