Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Cartoon Project

Dreams Really Do Come True

Medium: Photoshop

In this project we were instructed to combine a background, cartoon, and self-image.  I love Disney and Tinker Bell is still one of my favorite characters along with many others.  I have always loved the idea of flying and in art "dreams really do come true." In Photoshop I overlapped Tinker Bell and me by making it seem as though I was hanging onto her legs like a pull up bar.  I took the photo of me hanging from a pull-up bar in my swim teams weight room.  I had to make it seem as though I was dangling, but feeling secure.  The way my arms are outstretched and my legs are lifted, allows me to look comfortable yet dependant on Tinker Bell.  The face is another key detail that adds to the photo.  Since I have always wanted to fly, my face is overjoyed and happy while soaring across the ocean.  This photo is not a simple paste and crop process though.  I had to learn to work with shadows and distance of shadows, rotation, blending tools, and lighting.  Initially Tinker Bell's dress was a neon green.  The neon color made Tinker Bell a bigger focus than the actual flying scene. By dulling Tinker Bell's dress color, the picture gained unity and an obvious story with a meaning.
 

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! Taking the photo while hanging on the bar was really clever! This is going on pinterest ;)

    ReplyDelete