Sunday, September 22, 2013

Up Close and Personal

My second project deals with the theme of up close and personal. When I think of this theme I think of touch and focus.  My planning and brainstorming shows these ideas in the image below.

A toy I used to love when I went to the Toy Chest when I was growing up was called PenPression.  I would stand in the toy isle and press into the pins, forming different shapes on the other side until it was time to check out. While looking on Pintrest I found a image of the Virgin Mary done with a topic of line.  I decided I would combine my love from PenPression and the eye catching Virgin Mary piece to make my own piece using the line topic.  My references shown below.

My final piece was done with water soluble colored pencils as the medium.  I first drew the piece using only colored pencil. The next class period I started adding water to areas to make the face impression stick out more.

I am very happy with the final piece because it broke me out of my comfort zone in acrylics and painting and opened my eyes to a new media.
After adding water the final piece looked like this:


Up Close and Personal
Allison Snyder

Medium: Water Soluble Oils and Water
September 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment