Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Petals of Seasons Changing

For my second to last project I needed to let my creative, spontaneous side show. I wanted to just let my hands create without my mind having plans and ideas. I had a basic goal of having the four seasons combine with petals, that also change throughout the flowers life, but, other than that, my creativity was free to run wild. 
My project started out looking like this:


The background is all wallpaper. I loved the look of it being similar on each petal but not completely the same.  A flower changes through its life but not so much to the point that you cannot tell it is the same type of flower. The leaves may wilt and turn brown or darker but it does not change too drastically. I chose petals of flowers because leaves of trees are a whole nother story. Trees change colors regularly.

The final product:


 Petals of Seasons Changing

Allie Snyder

 December 2013


Medium: Wallpaper, water solublie colored pencils, water color, sharpie 



Throughout creating this pieces, I had to take many peers opinions on what to add. I added a border to the piece and placed purple strategically throughout the piece to make it look like one unit. The boarder looked too bold so I used sharpies to tie in the wallpaper on the boarder to the wallpaper on the petals' background.

I enjoyed this project. Sometimes you just have to let your creative juices flow to see what cool and new ideas you can add to future pieces. THis project was a perfect turning page to next semester in AP art.

No comments:

Post a Comment