Thursday, February 7, 2013

Mesh Project 2

Playing the Reigns

Medium: Photoshop

Inspired by: The Last Song and Spirit (Movies)

When I saw the picture of this horse I immediately thought of energy and passion.  The position that the horse is in reminded me of a piano player with perfect posture.  This idea lead to another and memories of the movie The Last Song ("When I Look at You" by Miley Cyrus) flooded through my head.  I found a piano like Veronica (Roni a.k.a. Miley Cyrus) was playing on the beach.  This image brings back child hood memories and has an energy that was not present at the start.

I did use the obvious element of water in this piece but only to add flow.  My main to elements are a piano and a horse.  I used the water splashes to fix any awkward cuts and edges.  The colors in this piece work with the message of the piece.  The horses symbolizes a strong love for music and it's upright position shows the ideal posture of a piano player. 

Allie Snyder 2/7/13

No comments:

Post a Comment